How I Am Making My Dream Come True and How You Will Make It Too
I had a dream. I didn’t want it to just stay on paper. I wanted the real thing, I wanted to make my dream come true.
So, I started working on it and here I am, almost four months into it.
To explain how I did it and, most importantly, how you can do it too, let’s talk about… food! I know, I know, it might sound a bit weird, but between making a dream a reality and cooking, there actually is a lot of common ground, even for an amateur in the kitchen field like me.
Every idea, project or dream starts with a craving for that little extra something. You know that you want to explore new tastes and textures, but at times you just don’t know what exactly you are craving for.
That was me at the beginning of last year. I was craving for change, for something different in my life. I had been in the modeling industry for years and it was now a necessity for me to show Paulina 2.0: I was ready to stop following that designated path, in favor of drawing my own.
I first had to find the right recipe for this new me, so I started to think about what I really wanted in my life. Who did I want to become? What did I want to share about myself? And how did I want to get there? The answer came shortly after: I have created my own virtual space, a platform where I can expand what I like to share, create and explore.
Next, I had to collect all the elements, the ingredients, that were going to make my dream come true:
- The people factor is what can make or break an entire project. Think about it this way, a kitchen is like a small army where everyone has to work together and follow the workflow, one must be disciplined and focused. A place with rules, roles and hierarchies.
- The ingredients must be of excellent quality and in the right quantity. Yes, you can certainly experiment a bit and add your own touch, thinking outside the box for example, and adding that extra detail that makes the dish a work of art, but you still have to follow the main road, the procedure.
- And then there is the cooking time, another essential factor. The little numbers you see on a recipe actually have a meaning you know, they aren’t there just for fun! Which is why the Italians stick to those 10 or 12 mins when they are cooking pasta, otherwise it gets over cooked… and they get really mad about it! Same with steaks: do you like it rare, medium or well done? Each food requires a different cooking time and delivers a different result.
- And finally, keep in mind that plating is as important as the food itself. Not only does the food have to taste superbly, it should also look just as good as it tastes! We choose as much with our eyes as we do with our brain, so presentation is extremely important.
A common excuse is that it’s not the right time to start. That’s why you just have to do it. And little by little it will all fall into place.
There is one more crucial thing that is essential to the success of any project and to ultimately making your dream a reality and that is having the actual courage to start! There is always a reason or excuse NOT to begin. A common excuse is that it’s not the right time to start. That’s why you just have to do it. And little by little it will all fall into place.
To summarize everything:
– Be aware that having the right ingredients and team is essential.
– Follow procedures and timings… and leave a bit of room for improvisation.
– And remember: it will take a lot of hard work and discipline but… it will be fun too!
Yes, because you ultimately got to have some fun and passion for what you do too. Otherwise the stress will kill you! On the contrary, you should use stress to nurture yourself and it should become adrenaline pushing you to keep fighting for that dream of yours.
That’s everything about me and my recipe for success.
And what about you? What’s cooking in your pot?
Hi Paulina. I coudn’t subcribe to your web. Could you help me,please?
I really needed this right now. I also wanted to start a blog. But …. yeah, lots of but’s (which means excuses. ?)
But thanks. I really appreciate this post. ???
Beautiful and Insightful, Paulina!
Italian pasta is very good in nigth time? How a both you? Du you like in nigth time? 🤫 Ore something else! ☺☺